A Message from SMCC Executive Director Trish Payne:
As most of you know, St. Michaels lost a very dear friend on Saturday. Tammy, who often shared her beautiful smile with us when she delivered from Sam’s, died of complications from the Covid19 Virus.
Things are serious. I feel passionate about making sure those in need have access to meals and food but we have to seriously tighten up our game plan. I cannot ask any of you to risk your health but if you do choose to keep things going, we now have stricture rules in place.
Only staff and select volunteers will be allowed to enter the premises. All others will interact at front or back door or by phone. Also:
1) Everyone entering the building must wear a mask and gloves at all times and strictly adhere to social distancing.
2) The outside door will be locked to prevent random drop-Ins. A sign will be posted asking guests to call for information or assistance.
3) Phones, doorknobs and surfaces will be frequently wiped down with antiseptic. ONLY ONE person per shift will man the phones, otherwise the answering machine will collect messages. NO-ONE passes a phone to anyone! Take a message. Keep your own cell phone on you at all times.
4) If anyone is hesitant or apprehensive about continuing to help, please don’t hesitate to say so. I’d rather that you feel safe than ask you to feel at risk or scared.
As for the process, as it stands now:
Food Pick-up and/or purchase -
* Amy DeWitt will lead SMCC's coordination..
* When groceries are brought to SMCC, they will be delivered through the back door to two people assigned to receive and bag/box.
* Staff will determine how many bags/boxes are needed and will manage the distribution at the front door.
* Those picking up meals/groceries will NOT sign in. April will record who receives food.
* Recipients will be instructed to approach one-at-a-time and observe social distancing while waiting.
* Beth Lomash will coordinate the drivers for deliveries and they will pick up from the back door.
* GLOVES AND MASKS ARE MANDATORY
* Jeannie will manage the Monday evening meals and Friday lunch meals.
* Trish will manage the Wednesday afternoon meal.
* Only two people in the kitchen at the same time, preparing meals.
* Sandwiches or wraps should be sealed in Saran Wrap or Ziploc bags.
* Prepared food in containers can be passed to middle room to be boxed and bagged.
* Beth will coordinate deliveries and drivers
* Beth will report meal/food requests to Amy, April, Jeannie, and drivers for deliveries
* All drivers/deliverers will be required to wear masks and gloves at all times
* Adhere to social distancing, do not make any personal contact or enter recipients residence
* Call or knock to notify recipient. Leave deliveries on stoop or porch.
Outdoor Food Pantry
* Linda Joshua will monitor the inventory and let us know when it might need to be replenished.
Please stay safe and well.
4/9/2020 09:48:12 pm
Thank you for taking more precautions than local supermarkets and doctor offices. Haven't seen many masks since this started.
8/17/2022 02:39:06 pm
Veery nice post
12/26/2022 05:33:50 am
A sign will be posted asking guests to call for information or assistance. Thank you for taking the time to write a great post!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Thank you for following the news of the St. Michaels Community Center. Be sure not to miss any announcements or late breaking news by signing up for our electronic newsletter here:
More News Stories:
PROGRAMS & SERVICES